Empire Union School District is a California Commission on Teacher Credentialing approved SB2042 Induction Program Sponsor.

All applicants for certificated positions must hold or be eligible for a California credential for the position being sought.

To be considered for a certificated position, an applicant must have the following:

1.    A Bachelor’s Degree from a fully accredited college or university.
2.    Verification of passage of CBEST (If applicable).
3.    A valid California teaching credential for the level and subject area of application.

For detailed information on credentials, please visit the California Commission on Teacher Credentialings’ (CCTC) Web site. The CCTC is a state agency responsible for establishing requirements for credentials that authorize public school teaching and service, standards for subject matter programs, and assessments of skill and knowledge.

Credential Renewals, Professional Growth, and Professional Development 

  • As a EUSD teacher, there are several local colleges and universities available for further professional development. If you are enrolling for the first time in a teacher credentialing program, or, if you have already earned a credential and are interested in pursuing more advanced professional studies, below are the websites for colleges and universities in the area.

     Specific Credential Access including Supplementary & Subject Matter Authorizations

  • To access a specific credential held by a public school teacher, please visit HERE.

  • For specific requirements for Supplementary & Subject Matter Authorizations, click HERE

Out of State Applicants
If you have completed a teacher preparation program outside of California and are interested in California certification, you can contact the Commissions information service office at (888) 921-2682 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM (PST) Monday through Friday, or visit their